WFFL Competition Manager (volunteer)
BAFA are recruiting a volunteer competition manager for the National Women’s Flag Football League (WFFL). This role will be responsible for the operational planning, delivery and improvement of regular and finals tournaments for women’s flag football, as well as supporting any ad hoc tournaments. They will report to the Flag Football Commissioner and will also work with a number of other key volunteers across flag football and BAFA generally.
Responsible to: Kyle Taylor, Flag Football Commissioner
Length of term: Open (with an initial 3 month trial/probationary period)
Position type: Voluntary
Suggested hours: up to 10 hours per week. This will vary depending on point of competition cycle and during planned events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This role description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the BAFA National Programme.
The WFFL competition manager will be required to:
- To maintain and manage league schedules on an annual basis including managing any conflicts (within/cross format) and releasing these in a timely manner
- To ensure digital scheduling submissions are completed within the required timeframe during the course of league play
- To ensure competition information and service providers are available to support publicity
- To source and manage annual venue bookings for leagues and events as required
- To ensure dates, locations and any other pertinent league or event information is clearly communicated to the community with advanced notice
- To plan and deliver a national finals event for the competition, working closely with other areas of BAFA to ensure alignment across the sport with other finals events
- To maintain, develop and improve the competition over time and manage annual feedback processes within the community
- Maintain excellent communication with, and report progress on a regular basis to the Flag Commissioner
- Follow and engage with established processes set out by the Flag Football Commission to enable performance reporting and assure product standards
- To undertake other duties from time to time, as reasonably requested by BAFA.
Requirements – essential
- Experience with the organisation and management coordination of events or other relevant operational / planning experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage individuals, groups and organisational interactions
- Ability to work in an agile manner and open to change and dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent organisational, administration and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
Requirements – desirable
- Knowledge of WFFL competition
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Collaborative approach to working with others
- Well-developed active listening skills, showing an ability to take direction
- Be able to work in partnership to develop solutions to challenges
- IT Literate
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Diversity and inclusion
The British American Football Association embraces equality, diversity and inclusion both on and off the field of play, where everyone can bring their whole selves to the organisation. We encourage job applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates irrespective of their age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships.
Upload a CV and a cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate for the role by 5pm on Friday 31st March. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact email@example.com