National Programme Administration Support Officer (volunteer)
The British American Football Association (BAFA) is the recognised National Governing Body for the sport of American football in the UK, both contact and flag. BAFA is responsible for all regulatory, competition, performance and development aspects of the game.
The primary aim of the Administration Support Officer is to manage the day-to-day administration of the National Programme such as collation of documentation, onboarding of new staff, and coaches, report collation.
Responsible to: Arran Harrison, GB Operations Manager
Length of term: No fixed term
Position type: Voluntary
Suggested hours: up to 5 hours per week, but this may vary dependent on time of season
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the GB Operations Manager with all areas of the administration of the National Programme
- Overall management of National Programme documentation
- Ensure the creation of registration events in the appropriate platforms in line with the National Programmes practice and competition schedule.
- Providing timely reports on the status of event registrations
- Coordination with TMs & HCs on the collation of key documentation from staff, coaches, and players in line with GDPR regulation.
- Organisation and execution of the onboarding of new staff.
- Management of the National Programme Shared Calendar
This is a new role to the National Programme and the above list will not be exhaustive as the role develops over time.
Requirements – essential
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Good IT and administration skills; Microsoft Word for reports, Microsoft Excel for reports, and Microsoft PowerPoint for presentations.
- Willingness to “work” irregular hours, and travel both within the UK and overseas (in agreement with BAFA), with overnight stays and weekend work.
- Attended appropriate safeguarding and equality training.
- Clean and valid driving license.
- Full current passport.
- A commitment to their own continued and innovative development.
- Conveys an exemplary image that is consistent with BAFA values.
- Be fully committed to the development of British American Football.
- Highly developed level of professionalism and collaborative approach to working with others.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Diversity and inclusion
The British American Football Association embraces equality, diversity and inclusion both on and off the field of play, where everyone can bring their whole selves to the organisation. We encourage job applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates irrespective of their age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships.
Upload a CV and a cover letter indicating which team you would like to apply for and explaining why you’re the best candidate for the role by 9pm Friday 9th June. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact email@example.com