The British American Football Association (BAFA) is the recognised National Governing Body for the sport of American football in Great Britain, both contact and flag. BAFA is responsible for all regulatory, competition, performance and development aspects of the game.
The organisation has been undertaking an exciting governance transformation over the past few years and is looking to bring on board an Assistant IT Support Administrator as part of the team. This role will be primarily be working with BAFA’s system lead to support the organisation though effective and proactive administration of our shared collaboration and productivity applications, primarily Google Workspace.
Responsible to: Bruce Leatherman – BAFA’s system lead
Length of term: Open
Position type: TBC
Suggested hours: Up to 10 hrs p/w
- Assist with all ongoing Google Workspace administrative tasks including onboarding new users and dealing with support queries including password resets
- Act as the first point of contact for support queries such as password resets, and provide remote support for end-users to diagnose and resolve any issues
- Timely progression of all incidents and requests – escalating where appropriate to BAFA’s systems lead
- Provide training to new users where required
- Identify opportunities to upskill users and share best practice to improve collaboration and productivity
- Liaise with volunteers and staff across BAFA to expedite work as required.
- Maintain a secure electronic filing system
- Good understanding of Google Workspace and other cloud based productivity suites/platforms
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office
- A high-level of customer focus
- Excellent organisational and team coordination abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build strong working relationships at all levels of the BAFA community.
- Experience in a customer service or IT support environment
- WordPress back-end administration and domain management experience
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- High level of integrity.
- Be able communicate concisely, effectively and with transparency.
- Act as a positive role model for the sport
- Take responsibility and be accountable for collective actions.
- Be able to work in partnership to develop solutions to challenges.
- Demonstrable commitment to ethics within sport.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and equity
- Enthusiasm for the sport of American football
Role descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Diversity and inclusion
The British American Football Association embraces equality, diversity and inclusion both on and off the field of play, where everyone can bring their whole selves to the organisation. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates irrespective of their age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships.
How to apply
If you are interested and meet the requirements of the role, please upload your CV (including with two character references) and a cover letter below. If you have any queries, pleas contact Volunteers@BritishAmericanFootball.org no later than 5pm on Monday 9 May.
You will be notified if shortlisted and interviews will be conducted shortly after.